We are relationship based; focusing on providing your project with increased value, reduced risk and optimal performance.
Mascari Warner Architects is an architecture firm focusing on healthcare planning and design. We provide a unique, custom experience for our clients. We go the extra mile to understand client needs and values, and to provide a high level of service backed by seasoned staff.
Here are some ways that we provide
- We first listen, then design. We develop a “Values Matrix” with you to define project success factors. We then start looking at options to solve the problem, balancing design, cost, schedule and performance, while constantly comparing back to your criteria for success.
- We practice as a Lean culture – “providing customer value through streamlined processes practicing continuous improvement.” We believe in Lean because of the increased value, improved communication and realized results.
- Every project is treated as one of a kind. Each project is looked at as unique, with solutions tailored to meet your specific requirements. We pay close attention to every detail from start to finish, bringing a balance between excellent design, quality documents, and strong support during construction.
- Because of our size, you get a team tailored for you with hands-on principal involvement. This nimble and agile team will be with you from start to finish.
- We have a “no surprise strategy” – that is, we anticipate problems, provide alternate solutions, monitor cost and schedule implications and clearly communicate with you.
- Additionally, we offer a team that has in-depth medical office building experience, backed by a firm that has completed over 500 OSHPD projects through our 22-year history.
- Clinical observations and understanding of your business are an important part of our analysis and approach to planning and design. “This plan is so user friendly it’s silly,” is a quote from the ICU nursing director concerning the new floor plan that we prepared for her unit utilizing this approach.
- Our quality assurance process, Q-MW, begins by utilizing experienced and knowledgeable people on the project, and includes checklists and often third-party reviews. We are often told by contractors that they “like our documents.”
- We look at optimizing the whole, not the pieces. With this view, we consider not only the immediate design, but consider the costs of operations, sustainability and maintenance.
- We seek to eliminate conventional “silos” by utilizing such tools as Pull Planning and Value Stream Mapping to increase communication, even out the work load and provide for seamless “handoffs” of work.
What does the Mascari Warner Architects custom approach mean to you? By committing to your vision and collaboration, we will work hard to make your jobs easier, as well as arrive at a project that exceeds your expectations.
Our long-term vision for your project requires a design team with not only experience, but also commitment to the following:
- Value-based leadership: Each person on our team is a leader, and at the core of our guiding principles is integrity. Our team is committed to integrity as the foundation for all our processes. Integrity radiates from our agreements and contracts, from our communications, and from our team members themselves.
- Personal attention and service: The team that starts your project will see it through to the end. We also try to anticipate our client’s needs.
- Continuous learning: We are dedicated to continuous learning, as members of The Advisory Board and the Lean Construction Institute.
Our individual experience is epic, our education and talent remarkable, but our collective energy is far greater than any of us. We choose, every day, to bet our very livelihood on our teammates’ commitment. That’s team confidence. This understanding of team confidence runs deep in our company, and is also reflected in our commitment to your project.
Areas of Specialty
We are recognized for creating leading edge planning and design solutions for a variety of project types including healthcare, retail, office, commercial and mixed use.
We provide a full range of professional services, including:
- Master Planning
- Site Selection and Planning
- Land Use Entitlements
- Feasibility Studies
- Facility Planning
- Interior Design
We are experienced in a variety of facility types, including:
- Women’s Centers
- Cancer Centers
- Surgical Centers
- Wellness Centers
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Imaging/Interventional Centers
- Cardiac Facilities
- Emergency Departments
- Urgent Care
- Medical Office Buildings
- Physician Offices
- ICUs / NICUs
- Commercial Buildings
- Retail Centers
- Master Planning