Carlsbad Medical Village – Medical Office Buildings
- Total Building Area: 23,475 SF
- 5 single-story detached medical office buildings (shell-only)
- 2 condo units per building for a total of 10 units / common area
- Buildings range in size from 3,915 SF to 5,265 SF
- 2.21 acres
- Parking provided at 5 spaces/1000 SF based on gross area (119 spaces total)
- Carlsbad, California
The concept for this condominium style Carlsbad Medical Village is centered on the notion of healthcare being delivered in an efficient, yet relaxing, environment. Rather than going to a hospital or clinic, the patient has easy access to medical care in their neighborhood in a comforting, walk-in fashion.
The project combines five single-story, detached medical office buildings, consisting of two condo units per building, totaling 23,475 square feet. Because it is surrounded primarily by single-family developments, the landscaping, decorative walls and fences were designed to provide a buffer to the surrounding residential properties.
The design of the single-story buildings is based on the architecture of the Craftsman Bungalow. This design includes low-pitched roofs, deep overhanging eaves, decorative wood trellises and entry porches supported by stone bases. United by a consistent style, each building is given its own identity through the use of a variety of materials, colors and architectural features such as dormers and trellises.