Centre for Health Care – Outpatient Clinic and Urgent Care Center
- 72,000 SF Tenant Improvement
- Time Share Special Procedure Suite
- Poway, California
When the Centre for Health Care approached us for the planning and design of their new clinic, they came with a plan that was inherent with inefficiencies. Knowing that architecture affects operations for better or worse, we sought to develop a more patient and staff friendly plan.
Objectives set for the 72,000 SF clinic included:
- Create a plan that is efficient (e.g. minimizes steps, improves productivity) and flexible (e.g. eliminate departmental boundaries utilizing rooms that can be shared and have flexible uses)
- Develop modular room sizes that allow for change (and flexibility)
- Combine waiting room areas to create a gallery-like waiting area along an exterior wall to take advantage of daylight
- Organize “distinct” departments at the back of the building for staffing and service flexibility, and to ease wayfinding for patients
- Create a separate corridor for staff and service circulation
- Reduce cycle times through better planning and enhanced operations
This project was accomplished due to the Client’s willingness to transform their processes and approach to providing healthcare.